Wendie and I went over to Dreher Park Zoo to walk around this morning. I was tired after about 10 minutes but it felt good to get out of the house. That place is overrun with iguanas!
Am set up for a mugascan on my heart on Monday. It is another nuclear test they are doing on me. I think it is to make sure my heart is strong enough for the chemo. My heart has made it through 3 surgeries in 3 weeks. My guess is I have no heart issues. I do have a question though. Karyn and Tyler will be coming down tomorrow and staying for a few days. Do they need to stay away from me after I get shot up with the nuclear concoction? After my PET scan they told me to stay away from pregnant women and babies for 24 hours. Anyone in blogland know this answer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know of no reason that a nuclear scan would mke you susceptible to anything. They may want to keep you away from baby's and pregnant women because you may be slightly radioactive but that would be pretty far-fetched. You would probably get the equivalent amount of radiation just sitting out in the sun for a few hours.
ReplyDeleteLeslie, I read all your reports and I think they are treating you very agressively mainly because of the way your cancer looks under the microscope. The good news is that it is VERY localized and has not spread.
BTW, the lymph nodes they took out were NOT supraclavicular like I feared (when I heard they went under your clavicle). They were in the breast. Again, his means it is still very localized.That is excellent.
You do have a hard road ahead. The chemotherapy will not be easy. But you are a strong woman and you will get through it. And we are here for you when those times come when you think you can't do it.
You have a fantastic family and friend network. We will not let you down.
Just look at how much we wore you out just with our concern!
You are in my daily prayers.
Love,
Kathy
Thanks Kathy. Good to have a doctor in the family. Still waiting for the path report on the last string of nodes the surgeon removed. According to the doctor the nodes didn't look too bad when she removed them yet on the PET scan they can back terrible. Go figure. By next year this time I will be all good! Love you
ReplyDelete