Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hello friends

Thanks Susan for setting this blog up for me. Thanks for every ones prayers and concerns for me. I am VERY appreciative of you all. I had my 3rd surgery Monday. They put in my chemo port and took out some more nodes. I think they were called subclavical nodes. I am quite sore but well drugged. Went to the Oncologist yesterday (Caldera) and got the results from my oncotype tests they did a couple of weeks ago. It turns out the cancer is called a triple negative breast cancer. This means it is not from estrogen, progesterone or HER2. It is an aggressive cancer so they will be treating it aggressively. Wednesday Nov 18Th is my first chemo treatment and I will be having one every 3 weeks for a total of 8 treatments.
I am very open to people knowing what is going on but to repeat the same thing time and time again is exhausting and it is hard to keep a positive focus when I am explaining the whole negative stuff over and over. So hopefully this blog will keep everyone up to the minute and we can all just focus on me getting well and living a positive life.
Thank you to all who have been keeping Tom and myself in prayer. God is great and we will all get through this and the glory will be His.

9 comments:

  1. Leslie stay strong, I know that God has his arms wrapped around you and you are in my prayers.

    Love ya, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Leslie, holy cow! I had no idea. I am glad you have this communication/update site. Please know you and Tom are in our thoughts and prayers. You are one of the most positive people I know, you will get through this. Much love, the Walls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie,

    Both Ralph and I love you and know that you are a strong person. Keep up the fight. Keep your self busy. Our thoughts and prayers are with both you and Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Leslie,
    Your family and friends love you so much. We are gonna be your biggest cheerleaders to help you get through this. This blog thing was a great idea Susan had. Hopefully it'll give you an opportunity to stay connected on your terms, so that you get the rest and strength you need to heal.
    Much, much love, my dear sister and friend. You and Tom and your family are definitely in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leslie,
    As always you remain in our prayers.. what a great idea this Blog was. Thanks to your friend Susan. It will allow you to stay positive and save your strenght for the "fight"..

    ReplyDelete
  6. To My Former Babysitter,

    Susan had a wonderful idea. As you said, you don't like repeating the story over and over, and this keeps all of us who hesitate to call informed, and allows you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. I truly believe attitude has lots to do with recovery and I know you are brave and very positive. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie

    What a great way to get info out to everyone, without stressing you out. You keeping strong and stress free is one of the
    positive things that you can have control over in your life. Just know that you are cared for and loved by friends and family alike. Take care of yourself and Tom -be strong for each other and know that our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

    Pat and Tom Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie,
    I think about you so much - and about Tom and your family. I wish you all happiness, and send my love!!!

    Eileen Blakely

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a good idea. Thanks Susan for setting this up for my niece....Les, I am sending you good energy, good vibes, and love, every day....
    Auntie Shirl

    ReplyDelete