Wednesday, January 6, 2010

cold outside but walking through the fire

Kids got back from Mexico around midnight last night. No problem going through customs. I have been going through an emotional slump so the timing of having my grandbaby here is great. Kids are great...she really doesn't care that grandma looks like a skinhead. One Dora the Explorer balloon and she is satisfied for hours.
Went to my first cancer support group last night. CF has a great christian based group and everyone was very helpful. Physically I am doing better than I am emotionally. This is a marathon and not just the 50 yard dash I was hoping for.

Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames shall not set you ablaze.

God doesn't open paths for us in advance of our coming. He doesn't promise help before help is needed. He does not remove obstacles out of our way before we reach them. Yet when we are on the edge of our need, God's hand is stretched out.
This is from Streams in the Desert, which was written in 1925 and sure holds true for me in my current walk with God.

1 comment:

  1. PS: I just finished the study with Dr. Li online called Triumph Over Suffering, Leslie. I think they are having it again soon, maybe even online for you to be easier. It is amazing and I think it would really help you. I know everyone probably has advice for you, but this would encourage you through the emotional and spiritual aspect of your cancer to be sure. Love you! Christy

    ReplyDelete