Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day Wednesday

Court Holiday so Tom was off. We went into the office so I could catch up on some bills then up to Port St Lucie to drop off a key to the realtor. House is back on the market. Selling boat too. We are "simplifying" our life! Told to stay out of the sun for the next year because of chemo and radiation so boating is out. Tom and I went to the sari center over by Good Sam. What a great place. They talked with us about every question we could think of regarding side effects of chemo and nutrition and just general knowledge of what we are going through. My hair will start falling out about a week after chemo starts so we went to the Amer Cancer place here and got a wig. Looks like I put a guinea pig on my head. Maybe my hairdresser can help me with this. ANN?
I have a feeling I will be a scarf or ball cap sorta girl.
Now have an appt at Moffitt for 2nd opinion on Tuesday. Still starting chemo next wednesday but would like to have and be kept up on all the progress made on triple negative breast cancer. Things are really changing fast which is great.
Appointment with my surgeon in the morning to get bandages off and get most recent pathology reports. I love Dr. Masse. She has a potty mouth (takes one to know one) but a great heart.
When Tyler was here I got down on my knees and he walked up to me and put his little finger on my bandages. I said "grandma has an oowee, be careful" and he leaned over and gave my bandage a kiss. OH...melt my heart!

5 comments:

  1. Tyler is such a sweet little guy! Karyn and Charlie are doing an amazing job. What an awesome family. I love you and I'm thinking about you.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I just saw your post on FB and joined the blog. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry that life has taken you down this path. You are a strong lady and I know God will be with you every step. I couldn't have gotten this far without Him, especially over the last 3 months. As you probably know, Rick and I moved to SC 2 years ago and life has taken a drastic turn. The kids and I are back in Wellington living with my sister and family and trying to find a house to rent. Rick decided he doesn't want to be married to me any longer so we are divorcing. I am having pelvic prolapse surgery tomorrow and had a mammo this week. They saw a nodule and I have to go back today for an ultrasound. Please take good care of yourself. I know Tom will be a terrific nurse! Have you spoken with Jan Peterson? You know she went through breast cancer 12 years ago. I will be following the blog and thinking about you. I pray that God gives you strength for each day Leslie. Hugs to you, Sherri Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie
    Just read your latest blog. Sitting here at my desk busting up with the vision of you with a guinea pig on your head.Why not go up to Disney and get a Davey Crockett Hat instead! Its good to see you holding your sense of humor. Sorry to hear about selling your boat, know how much you enjoyed it, just look at it as a good excuse to get a new one when your ready. Drop my Tom an e mail thomas@enviroseal.com with info etc on the boat. think he finally realizes the sailboat is way toooo much work for him. I will keep following with your progress on your blog Take care and a big hug to both you and Tom

    Pat & Tom Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Les,
    I have a Gator ballcap that would look fabulous on you. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with the above...have several Gator hats - you can have your pick!

    ReplyDelete