Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blogging during chemo

Okay I am in the chair. Getting a bit of a relaxing medicine in my port then antinausea medicine then steroid THEN poison. Hoping this first drug knocks me out so I don't have to think about the others.
The nurse said one day soon I will wake up but my hair won't. It will stay in bed on my pillow. Sweet little lady. I'll blog more when this is done. Nighty night.

4 comments:

  1. Leslie, thoughts, hugs and prayers are with you. The session will be over soon and don't worry about the hair it's over-rated and just think how fast you will be able to get ready.
    ;-) Love to you, Paul and Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you my friend........ I'll be home Thursday.....Hope the good drugs are working and you are sleeping right about now.....Talk to you soon. Big Hugs....Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie

    Hope you had a good relaxing sleep. Our thoughts are with you . As to your hair don't fret about it, the friend of mine that had chemo said w/o hair it cut down on getting up and ready in the morning( and he's worse than an female I know his nick name--- clean George..only person I know that would shower, shave and put on cologne before going out fishing!! or working in the yard for that matter.
    Take car
    Pat & Tom S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie... I agree that I hope you are resting peacefully. We are praying that Chemo goes smoothly (and I have heard that people often have "great hair" when it grows back)... me - I would want the frizz and mess gone... come back with straight, silky stuff! I have been keeping my mother up to date with your healing. They live close to Moffitt (in Tarpon Springs) and offered if you need to rest or need a place to kick back. She can also bring you anything you need over there. Although they are avid Gator Parents, they mean what they offer and are praying for you as well.. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete