Sunday, November 22, 2009

back in the saddle again

Thanks Susan for throwing that blog up for me! Supposed to be funny, ha ha.
I've been sprung from the hospital. Still can't focus straight because of all the drugs they gave me but they worked so what the heck. MAN, that was bad.... They say the first is usually the worst and I hope it is true. Next time they can give me something called nemen to keep away the nausea.you have to fail the other stuff or insurance won't let you get it. It is $1000.00 I even offered to pay for it but good ole american medicine and insurance said no. So I imagine I spent more than that being in the hospital for 2 days. Anyone out there with some common sense who would be willing to run our healthcare system? They checked out my white cells and they seem to be holding pretty good.
Julie and Dad are leaving tomorrow and Kathleen and Julian are coming. Karyn is keeping Mariela for us. I am glad that Kat is coming because I think her dad could use lots of hugs about right now. St. Tom has been wonderful as usual. I know he has be so worried. Those little hospital chairs are not very condusive to a good night sleep. especially with your wife whining in the background. I have had my iphone on playing Joel Osteen itunes. I call him my boyfried because I listen to him all the time during this. You know, "don't let satan still your joy" He sounds a little like mr. Rogers but is very inspirational for me. Keep that positive attitude going! Well will blog again when the drugs and my eyes clear so I can see what i am typing. Thank you all for ALL the prayers. I know it is what has pulled me through. God is good and still very much in control! Love you guys.

5 comments:

  1. You and Tom are real trooper's! Glad you're home and feeling better. Sorry it was so rough. Praying it will be better the next time. Big hugs to all of you Gano's and Thaler's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie,
    I'm sorry the first treatment was so bad but if it is the worst one then you know it's over and the rest will be much easier. God has surrounded you with many, many good friends and family who love and care for you very much. We will continue to pray and know God has his hand on you for a quick recovery. Love to you and Tom and enjoy all your family while they are there and let them spoil you and Tom! Love to you and Tom, Lisa and Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,
    I am so glad you are feeling better, and that your first treatment is over. You've got the "Hillbilly Team" up here in Tennessee praying for you too. Oh, and since you like Andy of Mayberry, I ran across Barney Fife's look alike a couple of times. Only in Tennessee, right? You have a mighty team of prayer warriors out here praying for you, and we will continue to pray for you to get well and for God to give you and Tom strength. We love you!
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie,
    I am glad to hear you are feeling better, you have the "Hillbillie Team" in Tennessee praying for you too. Since you like Andy of Mayberry, thought you'd like to know I met Barney Fife's look alike. Only in Tennessee right?
    We are praying for you along with all your other prayer warriors out there. We are praying for your quick recovery and for God to give you and Tom strength. We love you!
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. yuck hate that you had such a hard time... nemen is more like AMEN ive heard about all the 'good' drugs from friends that have been down this road and your so right about the dumb things insurance will require of us at the worst time. I hope your able to catch up much needed rest, have a great turkey-day with the grand children/family and your 'super' hubby!! no need to answer this.. please..just gon' follow your progress, pray and send all the positive energy i can for you!!! xo
    noreen

    ReplyDelete